This recipe should not even be a recipe its just that simple to make! All you need are a couple of ingredients but quite frankly the ingredients speak for themselves! I especially love this recipe in the summer when I can get the zucchini fresh from the garden. Feel free to use this with either the green or yellow zucchini or a mix of both.
- 4 large zucchini sliced 1 inch thick on an angle (2 green and 2 yellow preferably)
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
In a skillet on medium high heat warm the olive oil and the lemon zest, add in the sliced garlic, cook until golden. Add in the sliced zucchini and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and the parmigiano reggiano. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Serve this dish with a sprinkle of parsley on the top. Fresh and easy to make!