THE MEXICAN BURGER
I could not be more excited about this recipe! The truth is whenever me or Gianfranco are wondering what we should eat Mexican Street food is always on our minds! So I decided to create a burger recipe that tastes like Mexico but certainly doesn't look like it! Try this recipe it will make your taste buds explode!
- 1 kg ground turkey or lean veal
- 2 eggs
- 2 limes zested (reserve the limes for the juice later)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp smokey paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup pineapple finely copped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 6 leaves of Boston lettuce
- 2 avocados mashed with 1 tsp of lime juice
- 6 slices Havarti cheese with jalapeno
- 6 sesame burger buns
In a bowl place the ground meat and add in the eggs, lime zest, cumin, chilli powder, smokey paprika, coriander, salt, pepper, jalapeno, garlic and bread crumbs. Mix together until all the ingredients are combined. Divide the meat into 6 portions and form the burgers. Using your fingers create a well in the centre of the burger so the middle is thinner than the edges for more even cooking. Cook the burgers about 4 to 5 minutes per side. When you flip the burger squeeze the juice of 2 limes over the burgers, then place the sliced Havarti cheese on top of each burger and let it melt while the burger cooks through.
To make the salsa combine in a bowl the pineapple, tomatoes and red onion. Add in the lime juice. Reserve.
Build your burger by layering the bun, boston lettuce, burger, salsa and avocado puree. Enjoy ever bite!