ITALIAN POTATO SALAD
Don`t get caught up with the word potato salad because this dish is far more than that! It reminds of my childhood when I would get home to my mom preparing us dinner, this was one of our favorites. Serve this dish hot, warm or even cold it perfect anyway!
- 2 lbs of small marbled potatoes halved (red,white,blue)
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup extra virgin olive o
- 1/2 cup fresh chives finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
Fill a large pot with the potatoes then cover with cold salted water. Place the pot on stovetop on high heat bring the water up to a boil. Cook the potatoes until they are fork tender. Strain the water and place the potatoes into a large bowl.
Add in the olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs,lemon, salt and pepper. Stir making sure that some of the potatoes are slightly breaking apart making a creamy potatoe salad.