ASIAN TUNA TARTAR
Tartar...need I say more? Fish is a blank canvas for flavour. This recipe is inspired from my personal favourite sushi! Sushi is one of those things that I am always craving but unfortunately you cannot eat sushi everyday. If you are anything like me then you will adore this recipe!
- 500g sushi grade tuna (or ask for tuna that is fresh enough for tartar)
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lime zested
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 avocado in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (i like srirasha)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tempura or panko flakes (only put in right before serving)
Working quickly with the tuna is very important. Cut the tuna into small cubes and put bak into the fridge. In a separate bowl combine the wasabi paste, chives, sesame oil, sesame seeds, mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, avocados and hot sauce. Then add in the tuna and mix together. Add salt and pepper. Right before serving add in the tempura or panko flakes for crunch.
A great way to serve this is on a cucumber slice topped with the tempura flakes!