ASPARAGUS & LEAK SOUP WITH MINI TURKEY MEATBALLS
Soup can be boring...but not this one! How can anyone resist a bowl of soup that comes with mini meatballs? This dish is rich in flavour and in colour...the good news is there is no cream and its good for you! If your making the vegetarian version simply remove the meatballs
- 2 leaks finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus finely chopped
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup tarragon chopped Meatballs
- 250g ground turkey
- 2 tbsp cooking cream
- 1/2 cup parmiggiano reggiano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
In a bowl place the turkey. Add in the cream, cheese, parsley, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roll into 1/2 inch mini meatballs. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
In a pot saute together garlic and onions in the olive oil. Add in the tarragon and the asparagus and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Cover the ingredients with the stock of your choice. Let this cook for 20 minutes. Cool and blend together until smooth. Reserve.
Plate the soup, add 6 mini meatballs per person. Garnish the dish with a couple of leaves of tarragon.