ASPARAGUS & LEMON ZITI
Fresh...is the perfect description of this dish! Not only does it look amazing in the dish but it tastes even better. Perfect for a quick week night dinner but fancy enough to entertain with. With so few ingredients the emphasis is really on the fresh local produce, so buy your ingredients from the market or pick them from the garden!
- 500g Ziti (Rigatoni without the lines)
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 1 large bunch of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 20 fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano grated
In a saute pan add in 1/4 cup of olive oil, lemon zest and the thinly sliced garlic and cook until golden. Add in the asparagus, lemon juice and the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Reserve the mixture.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the Ziti according to the instructions on the package. Drain and add into the saute pan with the mixture.
Cook the pasta with the mixture for an additional 5 minutes, add in the stock of your choice and the Pecorino Romano until melted. Add in the salt, pepper and parsley.
Serve with an extra sprinkle of cheese, olive oil and lemon zest