MEDITERRANEAN SUMMER SALAD
- 4 naan breads, grilled
- 6 large vine ripe tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 large grilled peppers thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 cups microgreen lettuce
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brush the naan bread with olive oil and place on the grill for about 1-2 minutes per side. Reserve.- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, kalamata olives, grilled peppers, mint, oregano, microgreens, mayo, olive oil salt and pepper. Allow the salad to sit for 30 minutes to combine the flavours.
- On a large platter arrange the naan bread and then pour the salad including all the olive oil over the top. Serve family style allowing everyone a portion of the naan bread that is flavoured with the olive oil and some salad.