Aged Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
- 600g lean ground beef chuck
- 2 tsp steak spice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 thick slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche or sesame burger buns
- 4 pieces of butter lettuce
- 4 slices of sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup spicy mayo
- Sliced red onions
- 1 bag of Regular potato chips
1. In a bowl, add in the beef, steak spice and smoked paprika. Combine until all the ingredients are mixed well into the meat. Divide the meat into 4 parts and then split the 4 parts in half again. Form a burger with the 1/8 of the meat then place the cheese in the center of the burger and top with another 1/8 of meat that is also formed into a burger. Seal the edges to make sure that the cheese does not melt out. Using your fingers create an indent in the center of the burger so the middle is thinner than the edges for more even cooking.2. Cook the burgers on the grill on medium high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes per side (or until cooked thoroughly). Place on a dish and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm until you are ready to eat.
3. Build your burger by layering the bun, then the meat, the lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and the potato chips. Then spread the spicy mayo on the top of the bun. Enjoy!