Strawberry Mascarpone Cake
- 1 store bought vanilla pound cake (in the shape you like, I prefer round)
- 1 cup simple syrup (equal parts of water and sugar with a splash of vanilla)
- 1 container mascarpone cheese (454g)
- 1 package of strawberry pudding
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
1. In a bowl, make the strawberry pudding according to the instructions on the package. Add in the mascarpone and blend together using a hand mixer.2. Cut the cake into 3 equal parts. Baste the sponge cake with the simply syrup, then place the cream onto the first layer using a piping bag. Place the strawberries on the cream and repeat the process with all 3 layers.
3. Love to keep the sides of the cake bare it creates the look of a naked cake.4. Cover and place into the fridge until you are ready to eat, you can make this up to 1 day in advance but not more than that because the strawberries will not keep well.