CAESAR SALAD MINUS THE GUILT
During the week I would like to say I am strict about sticking to a healthy regime. So when my dad requested a caesar salad for lunch one week day I knew I had to switch it up and make it a salad I could eat too! This recipes packs in all the flavour you are used to with half the fat.
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 8 slices turkey or chicken bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course black pepper
- Approximately 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a bowl whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, hot sauce, lemon, salt, and pepper. Slowly stream in the extra virgin olive oil until everything is combined and creamy.In a large platter line the lettuce, top with the turkey or chicken bacon, green onions and dress with the vinaigrette.