- 1 package pie crust (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
preparation1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Remove the pie crust from the package and poke it with a fork in about 10 different places. Wrap the edges of the crust in aluminum foil (to avoid from burning) and place onto a baking sheet.3. Bake the crust for 5-7 minutes until it is light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
4. In a sauté pan, warm the olive oil and cook the onions and the garlic. Add in the peppers and cook until they are tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Close the heat and add in the zucchini, lemon zest and spinach. Cool off the mixture about 10-15 minutes.5. In a bowl mix together the eggs, ricotta, cream, parmigiano reggiano, nutmeg and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add in the cooled off cooked mixture into the eggs. Mix together.7. Pour the mixture into the crust. Place back into the oven and bake until the center is set 30-35 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking time remove the aluminum foil from the edges of the crust to allow it to also become golden in color.
8. Remove from the oven and cool about 15-20 minutes before serving.