Coffee & Cream Bread Pudding
- 6 cups coffee and cream bagels or your choice of flavored bread, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream
preparation1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, milk, espresso, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and sugar.3. Grease eight small ramequins. Arrange the bread cubes making sure the corners are filled.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Let it stand about 5 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed, gently tossing it from time to time to make sure that the cubes of bread are filled with liquid.5. Arrange the ramequins in a 2 inch roasting pan. Place the ramequins and pour boiling water about ¾ of the way up.
6. Place into the oven uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until the middle is set and the top is golden. Cool before serving. Store in the fridge and enjoy up until 2 days later.7. When you are ready to serve place a dollop of whipped cream over top and enjoy!